Thursday, October 1, 2009

Weather

Guess who has some news for you.  Richard Dean Anderson.  No, just kidding.  It's me.  He doesn't write in this blog.  It's just mine.  But I have some super random news.  Well, it's more random because there are two unrelated things...  This paragraph is getting way too weird, so I'm going to move on now.

The weather here in Provo is insane.  (Provo is in Utah, in case you didn't know.  There are Provos in Kentucky, Arkansas, Serbia, South Dakota, Spain, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, but I am not in any of those places.)  On Tuesday it was quite warm.  I don't know how warm exactly, but the general consensus (and by that I mean what I overheard from strangers) is in the 80s.  The next day, it snowed.  Not very much - it was a rain-snow mix, heavy on the rain - but there were definite flakes.  In September.  How crazy is that?

But it meant I got to wear my Teal'c hat!!!!  (If you don't know who Teal'c is, I am ashamed of you.  Google it, or you won't understand where this goes.)  I got it for free, so it's even better.  And just so you know, it's not really a Teal'c hat, or even a Stargate hat, but it makes me feel like Teal'c when I wear it.  It has a big oval with a Y on the front.  That's why.  I was very excited to wear it yesterday and today.

In other news, I have drawn the first strip of my webcomic.  That is currently all I have drawn.  And it's more like a rough sketch.  I will have to make it much better before I put it online.  Right now my drawing is stick figures.  And since I have quite a few characters, I will need to make them distinct.  There's only so much you can do with hair...

I'm starting to think a webcomic may not be the best medium for me.  It's not that I lack ideas - that is something I have plenty of.  But I tend to procrastinate...  So I don't know how good I'll be about getting the drawing done.  Although I might be better about it once I get a good start.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment